Schedule Labor Hours

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
DFDSQUAD3

Schedule Labor Hours

Post by DFDSQUAD3 »

At the end of the day our Manager goes to the schedule and inputs the hours left on existing jobs for the next day. For example, If we have a vehicle that we start work on Monday that has 10 labor hours and we finish 5 hours on Monday our manager will manually enter 5 hours for the Tuesday schedule on that vehicle. If during the time that anyone goes into that order and up sells for example an additional 3 hours on that job (for a total of 13 hours) this will automatically change the following days schedule to say 13 instead of 8 total remaining hours. This in return gives us a false total labor hour count for the next day. Is there a way that we can do this so that only the additional sold hours are added to the total next day scheduled hours?

Thanks,

Jayson
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Schedule Labor Hours

Post by ricmorin »

Exactly how are you entering the time in the Scheduler for the next day?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
DFDSQUAD3

Post by DFDSQUAD3 »

For the end of the day, left over jobs he will go into the order then to options, then to schedule work, he will then schedule the remaining time left on the job for the previous day and change the estimated hours in the estimated hours box to what is remaining for the next day.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

I do much the same, EXCEPT, I make a new entry into the next day. This new entry is not affected by changes on the RO. I've been doing it that way for a decade now.

If you just bump the original, it will update hours on the fly, you don't want that here.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Tips + Ideas”