Email Reports

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
jjoldtwn

Email Reports

Post by jjoldtwn »

I would like to be able to email reports directly from the report screen much like the repair screen. Currently if we want to email a report, i.e. tech commission report, you have to export it to a file. Once its exported you the have to locate and attach it to your email. Having the option to email would be huge time saver as well as saving paper.
nrutland

Re: Email Reports

Post by nrutland »

I agree that is option would be a big asset
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

That would be a nice option - not in the work right now - lots of other initiatives... but in the meantime, for 50 buck (less that the price of a good set of pliers) check out http://www.blackice.com/Print2Email.htm

This little gem will appear in your computer as a Printer. When you print to that printer, your email client open automatically with the printout attached as a PDF. Work slick.

No more problems with finding saved files. Plus, no more emails sent with missing or forgotten attachments.

Built in security! The document to send cannot be changed by the receiver or any third party. The recipient gets what is sent.

Virus-free email attachments! Even if the original document contained viruses, the generated image file is virus free.

Easy To Use! Print2Email has a simple easy to use User Interface. Simply open the document and print it to the Print2Email printer driver the same way as printing to regular printers. Next, select the recipient(s) to send the document to and press
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
jjoldtwn

Post by jjoldtwn »

Thanks, I will check it out! :D :D
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by Sauvageaus »

Pretty Sure you can use Thunderbird for free. You can add your business email to that and when you click on e-mail then Thunderbird pops up with the customers e-mail address that you have on file and send away.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Yes you can. We use it on the front computer for emailing out only.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Tips + Ideas”