Items Missing Tech Warning

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Items Missing Tech Warning

Post by Rich »

This very well may be part operator error. Some of it I know is.

I am running 6.6.10. I am generally very good at not letting a RO get very far with out a Tech being assigned. But today I slipped up. Customer at counter, I am clicking the mouse, and get this error... Hey Idiot you forgot to assign a Tech to the RO....Cancel print - continue print.

Of course i wanna assign a tech so I hit CANCEL. The only thing this does is not physically print on paper, everything else happens. Am I missing a setting? I would love it that once I am told I screwed up, and hit cancel, that I got thrown back to the RO/Invoice so i was allowed to assign the Tech. Or even have a box pop and give me the chance to assign. Does the system have this and I am missing it??

Thanks! Happy Friday
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Items Missing Tech Warning

Post by timbre4 »

Okay, you got this far, right?
techassign.png
techassign.png (6.04 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
That dialog cannot support assignment right there because you have what, 2, 5, 20 items that could conceivably have differing assignments. OTOH, if you simply want to make the same assignment for the entire order, go to Options and use the Tech Assign drop-down lists there to make a global assignment:
assign.png
assign.png (4.44 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

I think I follow what you're saying Rich. If your first print of the Invoice is during the pay/post process, your choice of Cancel or Continue only affects the actual act of printing. The invoice will post regardless, because printing it first isn't a requirement.
M1 Product Manager
Rich

Post by Rich »

Tim, yes i have the warning set, and generally use that box to assign the tech to RO. But you get the warning after it is to late to simply turn around and assign. You are to a point that the system has just about done everything except physically print the paper.

Silky, yes. From beginning to end. We MAY print an estimate, but no tech is assigned at that point. I do my best to print a tech worksheet. But this time it was a simple LOF and no tech worksheet was needed. I didn't catch that I had not assigned a Tech. I had to go back into history and do it. We do NOT print a invoice before the vehicle is picked up, only when the vehicle is being picked up.

Not a huge deal really. It only happens once, maybe, a month. Just wondered if there was a setting that would throw me back into the RO. I understand I would still have to re-enter payment type and amount.
Rich Hays
Rich

Post by Rich »

how i have my stuff set up
Attachments
how my RO warnings are set up
how my RO warnings are set up
Capture.PNG (9.44 KiB) Viewed 3305 times
How my Invoice warnings are set up
How my Invoice warnings are set up
Capture1.PNG (12.13 KiB) Viewed 3305 times
Rich Hays
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Rich wrote: Silky, yes. From beginning to end. We MAY print an estimate, but no tech is assigned at that point. I do my best to print a tech worksheet. But this time it was a simple LOF and no tech worksheet was needed. I didn't catch that I had not assigned a Tech. I had to go back into history and do it. We do NOT print a invoice before the vehicle is picked up, only when the vehicle is being picked up.

Not a huge deal really. It only happens once, maybe, a month. Just wondered if there was a setting that would throw me back into the RO. I understand I would still have to re-enter payment type and amount.
The payment should still be applied, unless posted to Charge. But yes, you would have to unpost and fix the technician. At least you caught it in the process. :wink:
M1 Product Manager
Rich

Post by Rich »

Heres a question.... I have the warning set up to display if the "written by" was not filled in. I just got that warning, and it popped up a box, I quickly checked who wrote the Ro and continued on to run the Invoice.

If the Tech was that was if sure would be helpful.
Rich Hays
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Rich wrote:Heres a question.... I have the warning set up to display if the "written by" was not filled in. I just got that warning, and it popped up a box, I quickly checked who wrote the Ro and continued on to run the Invoice.

If the Tech was that was if sure would be helpful.
Agreed, but......

The problem with that is in the programming.' Written by' is one field on the order. Tech assignments are within labor items. Not just one, but possibly may. Too many moving pieces.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Rich

Post by Rich »

I understand that. I am sure that in many shops there may be multiple techs working on one car. We don't do that very often here. I generally go to the Options button and "bulk" tag the complete RO.

When a car is done, Ro is complete, customer is called, I change the Ro to an Invoice and mark it complete/called.

When the customer walks in
1. "pay/Post invoice"
(warning could pop up now!)
2. I select payment type, amount and enter "check number"
3. Hit "pay"

Now is when the warning pops up. You end up with two options, print it or don't print it. However, either way the invoice is posted. At any point in all of this it would help if the warning popped up and you were taken back to the Invoice, just like it was before you clicked the "Pay/Post invoice" button.
Rich Hays

Return to “Tips + Ideas”