Payment Options

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
Lances

Payment Options

Post by Lances »

I have tried to delete payments types we don't use anymore and found that it told me "Can't delete this item. In use for existing payments." However some of those payment types we haven't accepted in 8 years or so. There isn't any invoices that are open that are using these. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to resolve it? I already called Tech support.

Thank you
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Payment Options

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Some types of data in the database cannot be removed, such as Payment Types with GL codes that have been used. I'm sure this is probably what tech support mentioned.

One workaround is to EDIT the payment type(s) [adding a 'z' in front of it] so that they appear last in alphabetical order so that you're not tripping over them, losing menu list space or tapping past them when typing the first letter of the type you want to use.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Lances

Post by Lances »

Thank you for your reply! He did say that and told me to post here to see if anyone had an answer it would be here. Can I edit the GL code on those payment types and then delete them? And a few of them have unique GL codes already and I still can't delete them.
Carrie Jackson
Service Manager
Lance's Superior Auto
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

The GL Codes determine how the monies are counted, such as the Revenue by GL report. Changing the GL codes remains possible but I wouldn't do it as it would skew reports by placing monies in different accounts at the point in time its changed. Simply stated, the Payment Type(s) were used on invoices posted into the history file and nothing is going to change that fact.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Tips + Ideas”