Disable Check Profit / F12?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Disable Check Profit / F12?

Post by motley06 »

Is there a way to disable the 'check profit' function/F12 hotkey? Getting annoyed at employees who like to check it on every ticket and see how much were making.
marcdaniels
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: Disable check profit/F12

Post by marcdaniels »

First question. What type of employees are checking it?
Second question. If they are your service managers/writers why wouldn't you want them checking it?
Third question. If it's your S.A. are they correcting their profit margins to make the proper needed profit on each ticket if they see that it's low?

I don't see why you would want to disable them from being able to know that. I know that in my shop my S.A. and I have a morning meeting almost daily about our goals, where we are, where we need to be on such items as labor dollars, effective labor rate, parts profit, car count, avg R.O. Its a quick meeting but sends the message home and he is checking and monitoring his profits on each ticket to make sure we are hitting our numbers. I do that for 2 reasons. One, he is paid by performance, if he's not hitting goal numbers he's not making a quality dollar. Second, it allows me to know that he knows that I know what he is selling and how much we might be leaving on the table every day.
murraymotive

Post by murraymotive »

You need to have program security setup and have permissions for each user.

From the home screen:
Configurations > Program Security > Change Protected Areas
motley06

Post by motley06 »

marcdaniels wrote:First question. What type of employees are checking it?
Second question. If they are your service managers/writers why wouldn't you want them checking it?
Third question. If it's your S.A. are they correcting their profit margins to make the proper needed profit on each ticket if they see that it's low?

I don't see why you would want to disable them from being able to know that. I know that in my shop my S.A. and I have a morning meeting almost daily about our goals, where we are, where we need to be on such items as labor dollars, effective labor rate, parts profit, car count, avg R.O. Its a quick meeting but sends the message home and he is checking and monitoring his profits on each ticket to make sure we are hitting our numbers. I do that for 2 reasons. One, he is paid by performance, if he's not hitting goal numbers he's not making a quality dollar. Second, it allows me to know that he knows that I know what he is selling and how much we might be leaving on the table every day.

First question, my service advisor is checking it and I'm not sure if my tech checks it or not... I'm not always looking over his shoulder.

Second question, I don't need my S.A. checking profit. I have a parts matrix, I have a labor rate, I have canned jobs. With those 3 things, no job should ever be sold as a loss, unless you set it up to be sold as a loss.

Third question, see answer to second question. matrix, labor rate, and canned jobs all ensure that I am making enough... I don't leave my profit margins up to someone else, it's my business and I like to control it.

My employees are paid by hours sold, I know my effective labor rate, I know my parts profit, F12 does not affect car count or avg RO.

murraymotive, thanks for the instructions

Return to “Tips + Ideas”