Labor Catalogs

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: Labor Catalogs

Post by Sauvageaus »

ricmorin wrote:I prefer a labor line too. That way a tech gets tagged for it. Keeps everything nice and clean.
Didn't think of that or the price at zero. Both good points. I had been doing the note thing.

Like I said slowly but surely I'm figuring out more things out.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Sauvageaus wrote:
ricmorin wrote:I prefer a labor line too. That way a tech gets tagged for it. Keeps everything nice and clean.
Didn't think of that or the price at zero. Both good points. I had been doing the note thing.

It all takes time and the forum is a great start. The customers will see the zero charge then realize they were not charged for the service. I use the notes field for things like this:

Warranty is 3 years or 100,000 miles from manufacture
Engine oil and engine oil filter need to be replaced in 500 miles
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

brianp87 wrote:
Sauvageaus wrote:

It all takes time and the forum is a great start. The customers will see the zero charge then realize they were not charged for the service. I use the notes field for things like this:

Warranty is 3 years or 100,000 miles from manufacture
Engine oil and engine oil filter need to be replaced in 500 miles
If I remember and trying to get in a habit, I put something like the Engine Oil/Filter under the recommendations, because when printed under recommendations the Recommendations: is in bold and easier to see, but if its just in a note its harder to see and can get lost/congested.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I use recommendations for a lot of future items also like tire rotation @ next oil change or timing belt is recommended by manufacture every 60,000 miles. I also "try" to date them 6 months from now if they are needed next time in.

Return to “Tips + Ideas”