Company Logo - Receipts & Statements?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
Darlene

Company Logo - Receipts & Statements?

Post by Darlene »

I've noticed after setting up to use our company logo on SE 6.5 that on Invoices it is great. However the logo is stretched on Receipts and there's no logo on Statements. I would think that any correspondence with our customers would include our company logo.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Company Logo - Receipts & Statements?

Post by Johnny5 »

To put a logo on the statement would require much reformatting. The receipt is another story, the graphic on the form needs a bit of banging with a hammer. :)

Close Manager, execut http://m1faqs.com/fix/SE/Rcpt.exe and the receipt will print your logo without distortion.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
madmoneymike5
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by madmoneymike5 »

Just a tip for anyone trying to add a logo to your invoices and such:

If your logo does not exactly fit the dimensions specified (ie it is too long in one direction), just resize your logo dimensions until both dimensions are smaller than the required size. For example, I had a logo that was 800x900. However, the required size for the logo is 640x220 at 72 pixels per inch (dpi). In order to make it fit, I resized the logo (proportionately) down to where the 900 dimension was 220. This turned the 800 dimension into 247, which is less than the 640 that is required. Now the logo fits.

Follow the logic here:

Step 1: Analyze my logo versus optimum: 800x900 does not equal 640x220
Step 2: Resize 900 down to 220.
Step 3: Analyze the new 800 dimension--is it smaller than the 640 required?
Step 4: If yes, great! Move to step 5. If not, resize again, but this time tell the photo editor to fit the not-yet-right dimension to 640.

But wait, there is more. When the logo is displayed on the report, Manager tries to stretch it to fit the exact 640x220 shape it wants, which can distort the logo severely! The fix? Just adjust the canvas size to be 640x220. This is a feature in PaintShop Pro that makes it easy to do, but other photo editors probably have a similar function. So, in my case, the 247 dimension was significantly less than the 640 it wanted, and so my logo was distorted. I just told PainShop Pro to center the photo while putting in the correct dimensions of 640x220 in the "Canvas Size" function.

Also, Mitchell put out a tool that could potentially save you some trouble in this department. I have not used it, but it is referenced in the post immediately above by Johnny: http://managerforum.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 967#p85105

If all of this is more than you care to deal with, head on over to a freelance website like Fiverr and hire someone to do it for $20 or less.
Last edited by madmoneymike5 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
(Using Version 7.0.11 as of June 2016)
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Tech support fixed mine in no time when I needed it. I would highly recommend calling them if ever in need.

Return to “Tips + Ideas”