Matrix Not Updating User Entered Sale Parts?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
johnmaljaars

Matrix Not Updating User Entered Sale Parts?

Post by johnmaljaars »

I have used this program for about a year now and I just learned that the price matrix does not change selling price on an inventory part that has the user entered price box checked.
This has probably cost me many dollars. I would like to request a programming change. Is it possible to have the program update the selling price by the percentage of cost increase (or decrease occasionally)?

A second request - is it possible to make the price matrix percentage showing in the estimate parts entry screen a live box so the % can be changed when entering a part.
In my business we have many parts that are not sellable at the price matrix set in the set up in the standard tables.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: Matrix Not Updating User Entered Sale Parts?

Post by brianp87 »

johnmaljaars wrote:I have used this program for about a year now and I just learned that the price matrix does not change selling price on an inventory part that has the user entered price box checked.
This has probably cost me many dollars. I would like to request a programming change. Is it possible to have the program update the selling price by the percentage of cost increase (or decrease occasionally)?

A second request - is it possible to make the price matrix percentage showing in the estimate parts entry screen a live box so the % can be changed when entering a part.
In my business we have many parts that are not sellable at the price matrix set in the set up in the standard tables.

I personally want the user entered price option left alone. I have very few that are like that and do not want them changed unless I change them. Its easy enough to look at when I pull up the part #.

The % of markup is shown in the parts screen when you enter a number for easy viewing and allows you to adjust there as you would like.
Attachments
mitch.jpg
mitch.jpg (128.91 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Is it possible to have the program update the selling price by the percentage of cost increase (or decrease occasionally)?
I am assuming you want this on a part record that has a user entered price. Many users set prices of parts with this function to a certain value in order for a labor to come out to a certain amount, ie oil change @ 39.95. Eliminating the static function of user entered price will negate that ability. If you are using PO's and electronic ordering, you can immediately see a price change AND the user selling price is on the PO, so you have the opportunity to go into the prt record and adjust the sell price on a re-order. This is what I do.
is it possible to make the price matrix percentage showing in the estimate parts entry screen a live box
This has been discussed before and I think it makes perfect sense. I don't see it on the enhancement list yet but I think it should be there.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

The User Entered Sale mode is just that; selling prices that have been specifically manicured by the user to be specific figures.
As stated above, the cost changes can be observed during the Receive PO parts process and pricing modified if needed.

Another feature to consider is Inventory - Update; you may filter a range of parts (or select a single part) with Search then click on update and apply a % change to the sell price. Please note all parts selected will become User Entered Sale if they weren't already. Any value above 0 forces that setting.
update1.png
update1.png (6.59 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
update2.png
update2.png (9.96 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
Markup Matrix = absolute program math
User Entered Sale = user monkey business
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

is it possible to make the price matrix percentage showing in the estimate parts entry screen a live box
If by this you mean allowing the user to enter % and have price change accordingly (reverse of today), that is already in discussion.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Correct if I understand the OP. Let's say we have a minimum percentage we want. Allowing us to enter that percentage to obtain a sell price. That would be cool.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by ARS »

I agree that i do not want the user entered prices to change on their own. I just finished counting inventory (Dec.) & checking prices in (Jan. -Feb.).. It is a long process that takes months to look at. If the prices that we set are changing on their own.. ugh.. i can not believe the work would be involved to get them all fixed again.

Thanks, ARS

Return to “Tips + Ideas”