Tips For Scheduling?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
mikedaviesauto

Tips For Scheduling?

Post by mikedaviesauto »

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on scheduling in SE 6.5. I'm currently using a day-timer type paper, to quickly visually see what time slots / hoists / techs are available. Then I create the order in SE. Would be great to do away with the paper schedule.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Tips for scheduling?

Post by ricmorin »

When I started with Manager in 2003, I was using a paper schedule. I no longer need one.

Bear in mind the Schedule is getting an upgrade, but you can do away with your paper schedule today if you follow some simple steps.

1. Make an Estimate for every appointment. This helps you in more ways than the schedule, but by making the estimate and placing the labors on it, you automatically tally the hours. Once you have the Estimate built, place it on the correct day.

2. Time loading. You need to know your daily time load; the number of hours you want to set aside for each tech. With that knowledge, it will be easy to see which days are full and which can take more.

3. Carry over jobs. You need to input carry over labor to the next day. We make a manual entry for this so that someone doesn't double book.

4. Tech assignments. We use the Notes field to input the techs initials. While this does not tally hours for each tech, one can easily see who has too many jobs and who doesn't. You can do the same with special items like lift assignments.

If you need more details feel free to give me a call.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Tips + Ideas”