Have a Non-Tax Trick?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Have a Non-Tax Trick?

Post by Rich »

So we set up a new customer (years ago) and we left "taxable" as their status. Now years later they have like 20 cars/trucks. They are NOT taxable. Now when we go in and start a car I have to be sure that the new vehicle is marked "non taxable", even though I have changed the account status to Non-taxable. Is there a way to make all vehicles Non-taxable? It makes me smack my face on the key board to have to go through every vehicle to check each ones tax status, even though the complete account it marked non-taxable.

Perhaps an update??

Open customer tab, click tax, change taxable to not taxable, have a little window (or a really large one, i dont care) DO YOU WANT TO MARK ALL VEHICLES FOR THIS ACCOUNT AS NON-TAXABLE????
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: Do you have a Non-tax trick

Post by fortknoxx »

I did a search :lol: I think this is what you are talking about.

http://mitchell1.com/knowledgebase/search.php

This is a common problem that results from retroactively changing the Customer tax status to non-taxable sometime after the initial entry, but not also changing the Vehicle tax status and then creating orders with the vehicle(s).

In ordinary circumstances (normal sequence, linear time), customer records are newly created, inheriting the system tax setting. Then the vehicle records are added, inheriting that customer tax setting.

Because the software must support combinations where one vehicle is taxable yet another under the same customer is not (truck with Agricultural plates in some states, etc), the software behavior is different after the initial entry. The Vehicle setting becomes independent of the Customer setting after the fact.

NOTE: It is possible to change the Vehicle tax flag with an Order ALREADY CREATED; it would be necessary to use Order Options - Tax Rates Applied to fix this order that was already started. The software uses whatever setting it encounters at the moment it was created, not what you do after the fact. - See more at: http://mitchell1.com/knowledgebase/arti ... Mp2ZK.dpuf
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks Tina, click on that first link once.....Thats kind of the results I get when I search.

and for the record, i don't like how it is set up.
Rich Hays
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Sorry, it has to work this way to support taxable AND non-taxable vehicles under the same customer record. Vehicles do follow the INITIAL taxable decision made for the customer. If it were to follow a tax setting change AFTER the initial choice, then some of the vehicles would become invalid tax-wise.

You might be looking for a group maintenance screen for all vehicle tax settings and there is nothing in the user interface today. If there was a continuous need to address all of the vehicles in this manner, then maybe there would be merit in developing such a function; given that this is tax decision that typically happens once and can be facilitated through the current program design (albeit tedious), I don't see it happening.

In summary, next time I see you, I'm buying. :idea:
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
fortknoxx

Re: Have a Non-Tax Trick?

Post by fortknoxx »

oops the link is on the bottom of the page, sorry
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)

609-760-7079 Cell
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks ya'll.
Rich Hays
sbcauto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by sbcauto »

I Cannot Think Of A Customer Who Would Have Tax and Non Tax Vehicles. All My Customers Are One Or The Other. It Is Annoying When The Cust Is Non Tax & the Vehilce Is Tax. This Happens When a Vehicle Gets Transferred. In The Past Before That Last Two or Three Updates That Is the Way It Worked. I Was Told By Support That This Was A Issue That They Are Working A Fix For.
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

Here in the garden state, farm vehicles are exempt. The farmer's personal or family vehicles are subject to state sales tax but not the ones registered farm use.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)

609-760-7079 Cell

Return to “Tips + Ideas”