Reminder Notes?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Reminder Notes?

Post by Sauvageaus »

Is there a way to make like quick notes in the estimating system for when people call and leave messages or something to pop up reminding you to do something?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Reminder Notes?

Post by timbre4 »

That sounds like something you'd enter into a Scheduler. Stay tuned as we learn more about the upcoming Schedule makeover.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

timbre4 wrote:That sounds like something you'd enter into a Scheduler. Stay tuned as we learn more about the upcoming Schedule makeover.
Is there certain Schedulers people recommend, tired of putting it on paper and losing them or getting misplaced.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Sauvageaus wrote:
timbre4 wrote:That sounds like something you'd enter into a Scheduler. Stay tuned as we learn more about the upcoming Schedule makeover.
Is there certain Schedulers people recommend, tired of putting it on paper and losing them or getting misplaced.
The Scheduler in Manager is getting an overhaul. Some info here....

http://www.managerforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11374
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

I agree with the OP. We do not use scheduling here. If we did we would get happy fingers and delete something. So we choose to stay "old school". It would be great if there was a way to....um....Flag(?) a Ro or customer. Not sure how, many another box somewhere that turns red when there is a note attached to the Vehicle or customer, or maybe a pop up box.

Here are something I would use it for.
1. tag customer. dude took a trip to Alaska and was very excited, make note to ask him about it next time he is in. He is impressed I remembered.
2. tag customer. they left some keys here, we called them and reminded them. they have not got around to stopping by. Note: give extra keys
3. tag customer. customer had a used engine/transmission direct shipped here, we have the shipping and billing receipt here for them. Note: give them paperwork for engine/trans from Salvage yard. Paper work is on Richs desk.
4. Tag customer. Son/Daughter made the news paper, good grades, great athletic out come. Note: congrats to them for blah, blah. They again are walking out of here thinking "man, those guys really care. not just about my car, but my family also.
5. tag vehicle Note: this car is a 1999 F250. Need to look up engine parts for a 2000 F250

We always seem to miss the VERY obvious notes in Memo. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I could go on and on...... :wink:
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

I agree with a few things here. I miss things I've put into the memo field and discover it after I've done all the investigating. I use the scheduler for time management or as close as I can get. If all sorts of information popped up each time I scheduled a job or started an order I would probably want to stop that from happening. So I complain I never look for any tips I've noted and will complain if they pop up automatically. I would like to be notified of any notes or memo's by a pop up or something but then again would probably get aggravated and want to stop it. I know I need to pay closer attention to the orders so I can watch the pennies. I would love to be able on a secured lap top (mine) to be able to be made aware of any changes on any order so I can catch anything that may be happening. I read the local paper and do see things that I would like to be able to congrats customers on or share grief with. I'll stop now because I'm pretty disgusted that my ice and hot tea that I got on my way to work are green instead of black. I'm aggravated it's Monday and I worked Saturday and Sunday. My job yesterday was replacing hydraulic hoses on a flat bed tow truck. Obviously the quick update kit that is just a bolt on and relocate electrical junction block didn't come with any adapters for the line size change so I had to remove lines one by one and make them. So it appears today is going to be a peach.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Tips + Ideas”