Backups

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
MattFMN
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Backups

Post by MattFMN »

Hello all. Perhaps this has been covered, long ago. A quick search of the forum didn't bring anything up, but like I said it was a quick search.

We're told to backup our databases to thumb-drives or external hard-drives so they can be taken off premises, which is good advice...at least the part about storing it off premises.

I've been backing up our database to Google Drive for some time, with very good success. That way it is located on the cloud and easily retrieved anywhere. You could also easily use SugarSync or OneDrive. Heck, if you wanted, you could save it to a computer located at your residence, no jump-drive required.

Like I said, maybe this has been covered already but for those of you that are using thumb-drives I just wanted to bring up an alternative. I told tech support I was doing that and they had zero qualms.

Later, Matt.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: Backups

Post by Rich »

Thanks for the info. We currently use a USB drive, that i believe is left on the counter. :shock:

I use to be freaked out by that, but the auto back ups that Mitchell does is my life line. I just wish I knew an easy way to see "yes we got you backed up".
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

It does Rich. Little green check at bottom right. No back up you get :!: .
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
Rich

Post by Rich »

Jeff @ Able Auto wrote:It does Rich. Little green check at bottom right. No back up you get :!: .
THANKS! Its on the server, thats the owners computer. I had never seen it before. I will keep an eye on it. Its a green check!
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Jeff @ Able Auto

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

Green check you are good. Mine will on occassion go a day. When talking to tech line it sometimes takes a bit to verify or something like that. Never goes more than a day or so. Sometimes I will open and it is :!: and after I make coffee and get everything going it will be green.
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"

Return to “Tips + Ideas”