Questions About Car Club Programs and Running Specials

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
ajnealey

Questions About Car Club Programs and Running Specials

Post by ajnealey »

Hey Folks,

I'm looking to offer some sort of Platinum Car Care Club membership. It would be a concierge level of service for some of my best customers and they would receive a plethora of discounts and value added services.

I'm curious if some of you guys on here have them, and if so, how you properly track them.

Let's say I sell the package for $200 per year per vehicle. How would you bill the customer on the invoice in Mitchell?

And let's say that part of the package included 2 free oil changes. How would you track that? Could you build a package called "Free Oil Change" to add to the order then add the parts and labor to the package so the margins wouldn't get screwed up?

Thoughts?

Thanks!
AJ
ajnealey

Re: Questions About Car Club Programs and Running Specials

Post by ajnealey »

Also, here is something else that I'm trying to accomplish in Mitchell, maybe someone can chime in with a tip.

Let's say I want to run an oil change special for $29.95 for up to 5 quarts of oil and a spin on filter. I want to be able to show on the invoice what the full cost of the oil change would have been if they weren't in for the special, then apply a discount so the total ends up being $29.95 before tax and fees are added on. Is there any easy way to accomplish this? Or do I have to manually figure out what the discount amount is before applying it?

For example, we charge about $19 labor for an oil change and $5 per quart of oil and what ever the cost is for the filter which can vary from different makes/models. I want it shown on the invoice, then apply the discount so the total comes to $29.95 before taxes/fees.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
AJ
JBUTITTA
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: Questions About Car Club Programs and Running Specials

Post by JBUTITTA »

In the promo tab is an discount line that will take a set amount off any particular special you may be running. Its the easiest way I know. when I run my trans flush special it discounts the same amount whether its a regular fluid or synthetic fluid flush. My wife sets up all the packages and all I have to do is pick witch discount applies. hth Jerry

Return to “Tips + Ideas”