Google Account Integration

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
madmoneymike5
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Google Account Integration

Post by madmoneymike5 »

We use Google Apps for email and other things related our website and business. Is there any chance of getting integration with Google on the customer database side of things? For example, a new customer comes in, does some work, etc., and gets added to our Google Contacts? There's a myriad of things you could do beyond just this once integration was accomplished.

Thanks!

Mike
(Using Version 7.0.11 as of June 2016)
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Google Account Integration

Post by Johnny5 »

So I checked this out a bit. Manager can produce a CSV file of customer information. That CSV can be used to populate a spreadsheet designed for Google Contacts, which can then be imported to Google. It's a bit of work, but once done, all you customers would be there. To create the CSV file, goto Reports, Followup, select MM - Create Data Export File. on the History tab in follow-up, set the from and to date to some future date. Change the selection method to "Select by Customer not found in the selected date range, this will produce a list of all customers. Click on Search, then Print. This will open a dialog and allow you to name and place the export file on your harddrive. Modify the spreadsheet to mirror googles example, then import into contacts.

See https://www.faithinmarketing.com/2013/1 ... e-headers/

See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 for example of spreadsheet format
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
madmoneymike5

Re: Google Account Integration

Post by madmoneymike5 »

Actually, I already do this very thing, but it certainly isn't the ideal "integration." I appreciate the feedback, though. So, my feature request still stands. :)
(Using Version 7.0.11 as of June 2016)

Return to “Tips + Ideas”