Repair Order Line Spacing Format?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
DynaBMan
100 Club: Active Contributor

Repair Order Line Spacing Format?

Post by DynaBMan »

We have been toying with ideas of how to increase the readability of our repair orders. We would like to make them easier to read with individual symptoms and writing the estimates. Keep in mind that we do not use symptoms as they are programmed in the program. I actually created a canned job the ***Symptom*** in the work requested field. Then I put an explanation or labor description in the work performed field.

One idea my boss had was to have blank lines or spaces between the individual symptoms where information can be written. I have looked, but have been unable to figure out how to accomplish this. Any ideas?
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Repair Order Line Spacing Format?

Post by timbre4 »

DynaBMan wrote:Keep in mind that we do not use symptoms as they are programmed in the program. I actually created a canned job the ***Symptom*** in the work requested field.
Users will likely chime in with their order line tips, I just wanted to be sure you knew that you could add your OWN Symptoms by filling in the Symptom fields and then using the Save As Standard Symptom checkbox. Symptoms are maintained from Setup - Standard Descriptions - Symptoms tab via Add / Edit / Delete buttons, should you ever need to alter price, description or category for any of them.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
DynaBMan

Re: Repair Order Line Spacing Format?

Post by DynaBMan »

timbre4 wrote:
DynaBMan wrote:Keep in mind that we do not use symptoms as they are programmed in the program. I actually created a canned job the ***Symptom*** in the work requested field.
Users will likely chime in with their order line tips, I just wanted to be sure you knew that you could add your OWN Symptoms by filling in the Symptom fields and then using the Save As Standard Symptom checkbox. Symptoms are maintained from Setup - Standard Descriptions - Symptoms tab via Add / Edit / Delete buttons, should you ever need to alter price, description or category for any of them.
Yes, I was aware. The reason I don't care for "real symptoms" is because of how they print out. My work around puts a blank "Symptom" on the screen and I am able to fill it in with the customer's concern.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR

Return to “Tips + Ideas”