Small Sell Revision Request

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
madmoneymike5
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Small Sell Revision Request

Post by madmoneymike5 »

Whenever I click on an estimate to sell on the left side of the Sell Revision screen, it erases anything I have written in the "Reason" box on the right. Could you please fix this functionality. It's rather frustrating.
(Using Version 7.0.11 as of June 2016)
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Small Sell Revision Request

Post by timbre4 »

The text in Reason field is preserved as part of Revision History (Order Options) once the transfer has been initiated. If the Revision is sold (transferred) there would no longer be a reason (nor same Revision) to display it.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
madmoneymike5

Post by madmoneymike5 »

I'm sorry, but I don't think you quite understood what I was trying to say. Let me try again...

What I tend to do is type a reason why I'm selling a revision (or set of revisions) and then go check off the revision(s) that I'm selling. When I type the reason first as I just described, and then click on the checkboxes, the action of checking the checkboxes clears out the reason field. It's annoying because I have to go retype the reason. I could just try to train myself to click the revisions I want first and then type in the reason, but I don't see why I should have to do it that way. I can't see why the software would have been intentionally coded to do that; I see it as a bug and an unintended consequence of something else.

Having said that, am I wrong? Is there a reason why the software is coded to clear out the Reason text field when a Revision checkbox is checked other than "it just turned out that way?"
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

The logic is you select the Revision(s) work being sold first, then enter the Reason text for those selections. If you change which Revisions are selected, potentially the reasons could change too. It just follows your checkbox selections finalized, working in a simple left-to-right fashion.

Never been asked this before.
Tim McDonnell -
madmoneymike5

Post by madmoneymike5 »

Meh...I don't see anything wrong with doing it the way I want to. The Reason entered is usually just one word, such as "Needed" or "Requested." I type something into the Reason field only because of another annoyance that happens when I don't: A message box pops up and tells me, "Some information is not complete, Transfer this revision anyway?" If it weren't for that message box, I would probably never enter a Reason. The Reason is always that we recommended it and the customer approved the repair; what more do I need to know? Take that message box away and this other issue with the checkboxes becomes a mute point. However, I figure other shops probably like being reminded that some information is being left out, so I opted to ask for a change to the checkbox functionality instead.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

If I understand this correctly, you'd have us spend development effort to change this behavior to preserve Reason text that you don't value in the first place?

When the warning box comes up, please note that you may click Yes, type Y or press ENTER and it's gone. Problem solved.

PS - It's moot not mute.
Attachments
transfer.png
transfer.png (6.75 KiB) Viewed 3361 times
Tim McDonnell -
madmoneymike5

Post by madmoneymike5 »

Please don't get snippy with me. I certainly didn't intend to come across that way, myself.

I'm a developer myself. I'm asking for what has to be a maximum of 10 lines of code to be deleted. That's all.
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

I always wondered why that box comes up, just get used to unneeded clicking.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com

Return to “Tips + Ideas”