Oil change Special / Promotion?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Oil change Special / Promotion?

Post by motley06 »

So I'm getting ready to do a $24.95 oil change promotion. Up until now, for regular oil changes, I've simply used a canned job that had a labor line and 2 parts kits (one for the oil type and one for the filter). I adjusted the quantity of oil and whatever the price came to is what was charged.

I'm looking for a way to set up the $24.95 oil change that will still track inventory and give my customers consistent pricing. However, I'd like to leave my canned job and parts pricing as is for the customer who doesn't walk in and mention the special pricing. I think I recall 'packages' being the best way to achieve this, but I think I recall that they didn't update/track inventory correctly.

Can someone refresh my memory or maybe suggest an alternative that would best fit my needs?
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Re: Oil change special/promotion

Post by nickscarcare »

What I do is sell the canned job, but in discounts, I have a coupon that says whatever sale I am doing, you go into discounts, add that one to your order, it will bring the total to what you want, then you can also track which discounts you use and when through reports. Hope this helps.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com

Return to “Tips + Ideas”