Expand Search function in Inventory list

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
M_Int
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Expand Search function in Inventory list

Post by M_Int »

In TeamWorks SE, when in the Inventory list and searching for a word using the Description field, the word you're searching for HAS to be the first word listed in the Description field. The word can't be simply listed somewhere/anywhere in the Description field.

For example, if the part Description is "Brake disc for Mercedes" and you search Mercedes, nothing comes up. You'd have to search "Brake." Unfortunately this is not helpful for searching for a specific word in the entire Description.

Can the Search function be enhanced to allow this?

Thanks much!
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Expand Search function in Inventory list

Post by timbre4 »

Somehow you missed the long time explanation about Inventory Search with a wildcard; here's an excerpt from the 2014 script for Inventory Screen video:

"Please note that a wildcard character, the percent sign (‘%’) is available to help. Enter ‘%filter’ in Description and run Search; the resulting list of parts includes ‘filter’ somewhere in the description field. The wildcard can also be used in the part number field as well as other fields in the program to locate information."

2017 Update - We have figured out a change to the search logic so that in a near future release you won't even have to use the wildcard. :wink:
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
M_Int

Post by M_Int »

timbre4 wrote:Somehow you missed the long time explanation about Inventory Search with a wildcard; here's an excerpt from the 2014 script for Inventory Screen video:

"Please note that a wildcard character, the percent sign (‘%’) is available to help. Enter ‘%filter’ in Description and run Search; the resulting list of parts includes ‘filter’ somewhere in the description field. The wildcard can also be used in the part number field as well as other fields in the program to locate information."

2017 Update - We have figured out a change top the search logic so that in a near future release you won't even have to use the wildcard. :wink:
Heck yeah Tim, thanks very much--it works!

Is there a way you can update M1 Tech Support with this current workaround? As the Tech Support rep from this am didn't have a suggestion but to post to the forum.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

M_Int wrote:
Is there a way you can update M1 Tech Support with this current workaround? As the Tech Support rep from this am didn't have a suggestion but to post to the forum.
You must've got a green agent; all the regulars know this. I can pass along to the person who oversees support agent training but as I mentioned it won't even be necessary pretty soon.. :wink:
Tim McDonnell -
M_Int

Post by M_Int »

timbre4 wrote:
M_Int wrote:
You must've got a green agent; all the regulars know this. I can pass along to the person who oversees support agent training but as I mentioned it won't even be necessary pretty soon.. :wink:
Copy that.
LMK if you need me to forward their email response to you; no name at the bottom of the signature.

Thx again Tim!
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

M_Int wrote: Copy that.
LMK if you need me to forward their email response to you; no name at the bottom of the signature.
Thx again Tim!
Please PM or email that to me if you can. Thanks
Tim McDonnell -
M_Int

Post by M_Int »

timbre4 wrote:
M_Int wrote: Copy that.
Thx again Tim!
Please PM or email that to me if you can. Thanks
I'm getting this error when PM'ing you;
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Incorrect string value: '\xEF\x81\x90 ...' for column 'message_text' at row 1 [1366]
An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

PS--I had emailed them this link and they just responded with a thanks, so now they're in the know, so looks like we're all ok.

Return to “Tips + Ideas”