Invoice Balances vs Acct Balance?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
DocsAuto

Invoice Balances vs Acct Balance?

Post by DocsAuto »

I have a few customers with charge accounts and have multiple invoices.... problem when they come in and pay say $100 and their invoices actually total $387.78 and the oldest ticket has a balance of $136.08 it will say their balance is $36.08 .. I and employees have to remember to write in the correct current balance. Seems like in all the updating their should be a quick fix for this but never has been one its very irritating for me and employees. Am I missing something in the setup??
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Invoice Balances vs Acct Balance?

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum.

You are correct, the receipt is Invoice-centric. It doesn't show the cumulative outstanding balance. For that, I suggest printing one of the AR reports for that customer only. It's an extra step, but ensures the customer is updated. You are not missing a setting.

I've heard this comment before. I'm sure if it was easily done, M1 would have included an outstanding total balance on the receipt by now. It doesn't hurt to bring it up again, though. For users who have a substantial AR, this would be a welcome addition.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Tips + Ideas”