Keeping Track Of Maintenance?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor

Keeping Track Of Maintenance?

Post by nessauto »

How do your writers keep track of scheduled maintenance. Over the years this is something we've really struggled with. Taking every invoice and looking up what maintenance is due and then looking through history can be very time consuming. What processes do you have in place to keep track of them. We use bolton but with the number of different brands we service the mileage required can be so far off sometimes.
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Re: Keeping Track Of Maintenance?

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I use a third Party application called Service Intelligence that does this for me in seconds. It does a lot more. Here is an example. This saves me a lot of time. Soory I can't figure out how to make this bigger. If you PM me your email I can email you the PDF of it.
Attachments
Service Intelligence 2.jpg
Service Intelligence 2.jpg (65.24 KiB) Viewed 3705 times
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I handle it. Does not seem to take me too much time. Every time the vehicle is in for service we see what is needed and when. We prepare them for the next maintenance needed and the cost. It helps them budget if needed and is easier for us to schedule as we will know the time needed.
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

Have you timed how long it takes. My writers are saying 8 minutes an R.O., which seems reasonable. But if they each have 15 vehicles it's almost a hour and a half.

Return to “Tips + Ideas”