Things You Wish You Knew When You Started Using Manager

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Things You Wish You Knew When You Started Using Manager

Post by Silky7 »

All,

I'm starting this thread with the hope it'll help some users as well as help us in training materials. What is something you wish you had known when you started using Manager? I'll give you some examples I've heard from users:
  • -The F4 key can be used to find History (User was navigating through the Schedule)
    -F12 for a profit check on the order (User was returning to WIP)
    -You can sort by a secondary column in the WIP by clicking your first choice, then CTRL+clicking your second.
    -Using 1.00 dollar on the Discount function, then flipping to Percentage allows you to discount 100%
    -Printing a closed PO will re-open it.
    -You can search Inventory descriptions using wildcards to find matches outside of the first word. E.g., if you simply type "synth" it will find your Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid, but typing "%synth%" will also find your Liqui Moly Full Synthetic Oil
Hopefully we can grow this list and share. I even saved Special Orders for you Ric. :wink:
M1 Product Manager
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Things You Wish You Knew When You Started Using Manager

Post by Johnny5 »

[*] You can find any part on all posted invoices based on any description, part number and between any date range using Reports > Management > Part Number Search
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Easily find a vehicle from a customer with MANY vehicles.

If you have a customer that has a lot of vehicles, like a really big fleet or a used car lot, it can be hard to find that vehicle in that long list. With used car lots, the vehicle you're looking for likely did not have a plate when you first saw it, but now it's back for some warranty. It's a Honda Accord but you have dozens of Honda Accords. Simply right click on the VIN column in the Customer tab and enter the last 6 digits of the VIN (it doesn't have to be six). That will take you directly to the correct vehicle. No wildcards needed, just the partial VIN.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
andresauto

Post by andresauto »

Silky7 wrote:All,

I'm starting this thread with the hope it'll help some users as well as help us in training materials. What is something you wish you had known when you started using Manager? I'll give you some examples I've heard from users:
  • -The F4 key can be used to find History (User was navigating through the Schedule)
    -F12 for a profit check on the order (User was returning to WIP)
    -You can sort by a secondary column in the WIP by clicking your first choice, then CTRL+clicking your second.
    -Using 1.00 dollar on the Discount function, then flipping to Percentage allows you to discount 100%
    -Printing a closed PO will re-open it.
    -You can search Inventory descriptions using wildcards to find matches outside of the first word. E.g., if you simply type "synth" it will find your Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid, but typing "%synth%" will also find your Liqui Moly Full Synthetic Oil
Hopefully we can grow this list and share. I even saved Special Orders for you Ric. :wink:
I wish this list had been started sooner and that I checked in more often. when I get over the mind blown effect and mad at myself stage, I will post. Until then, THANK YOU!!

Return to “Tips + Ideas”