Flat Rate?

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
KERNERS
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Flat Rate?

Post by KERNERS »

How do I pay flat rate based on Pay Hours? The Technician Commission report for billed hours says a $ amount where is that coming from? Where can I populate the flat rate pay amount under the Technician Configuration?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Flat Rate?

Post by ricmorin »

If you want to pay flat rate by Pay Hours, run the Tech Pay Hours report under the accounting tab to obtain the hours, then multiply by their rate.

Commissions are calculated off dollars, either gross or profit. You create that in the Technicians setup if you want to pay commission.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
KERNERS

Post by KERNERS »

So there is no setting for Flat Rate that would be shown in the report then? Where is Mitchell getting the dollar amount then in the Tech Commission report based on Billed Hours then? This is not a percentage in this report it's labeled as dollar amount.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

I'm not familiar with that specific report, nor do I have anyone set up for commission to test it. Which dollar amount are you questioning; the item amount column or the commission amount column?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
KERNERS

Post by KERNERS »

The"Technician Commission Based on Billed Hours" report has a dollar amount for pay not a percentage. Where is that dollar amount derived from? This report is using a dollar amount for the total commission not a percentage. Simply trying to use an existing report to get Technician Commission based on billed hours for flat rate pay.
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by nessauto »

We ran into issues with those numbers changing. So we ended up paying the techs off the charged hours..Then run the "Tech Productivity report" and pay them off the charge hours column.

Return to “Tips + Ideas”