Pay Period Split up

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Pay Period Split up

Post by Sauvageaus »

I wasn't sure where to put this and couldn't find a topic about it.

I was wondering if there was a way if we were doing a bigger job and already have the invoice started and it goes into 2 different weeks but split up 2 different pay periods.
Without creating another invoice or posting the job is there a way to have partial submitted for 1 week. If for instance job is 15 hours and he started it on a Friday and had about 5 hours in it. Then finishes it the next week on a new pay period put the rest of the job onto the next pay period when posting?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Pay Period Split up

Post by ricmorin »

I know this has been discussed many times before. I recall some users having workarounds. There is no current methodology within the software. I also did not see this on the enhancement list, which it should be.

It's rare where we have a carry over like that. We just hold those hours over. It's in our policy manual that way and everyone knows that's how it works.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Sauvageaus

Re: Pay Period Split up

Post by Sauvageaus »

ricmorin wrote:I know this has been discussed many times before. I recall some users having workarounds. There is no current methodology within the software. I also did not see this on the enhancement list, which it should be.

It's rare where we have a carry over like that. We just hold those hours over. It's in our policy manual that way and everyone knows that's how it works.
yes but we also do body work so one week we might be doing that and its all done for body work but then the mechanical work is being done the following week, so sometimes they cross over into a new pay period, doesn't happen much like you said but it has happened.

Return to “Tips + Ideas”