Recommended Services

Post by NAPAFARM »

It would be nice to be able to create a recommended service from a revision
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: Recommended Services

Post by brianp87 »

What do you mean? You can make as many default ones as you want and use the pull down menu to apply them.
Attachments
Mitch.JPG
Mitch.JPG (45.48 KiB) Viewed 3560 times
ambertsi
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by ambertsi »

brianp87 wrote:What do you mean? You can make as many default ones as you want and use the pull down menu to apply them.
Maybe they mean a function to add the recommendation directly from the revision? I could see this as being extremely useful. I feel like a lot of the features aren't linked for maximum efficiency. It would be nice to be able to transfer the revision or lines on the revision directly to the recommendations screen instead of having to manually add them.
Amber McKinley
Manager
Diesel Maintenance, Repair & Performance
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

ambertsi wrote:
brianp87 wrote:What do you mean? You can make as many default ones as you want and use the pull down menu to apply them.
Maybe they mean a function to add the recommendation directly from the revision? I could see this as being extremely useful. I feel like a lot of the features aren't linked for maximum efficiency. It would be nice to be able to transfer the revision or lines on the revision directly to the recommendations screen instead of having to manually add them.
We recognize the desire to have this linkage, however it's a bit abstract (apples & oranges) since Recommendations (recipe) are text, date & category data to market with and Revisions (ingredients) are parts, labor and note line details. Also the Revision sub-estimate can contain items from different categories. So what exactly the program should generate for a Recommendation from variable Revision contents remains elusive.

Several years ago we did improve the relationship between the two by displaying the Recommendations list during Sell Revision transfers to allow users to delete Recommendations that the Revisions have taken care of, but this is still very much a visual subjective process.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Tips + Ideas”