Monthly Payments to Mitchell1

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
ridersauto

Monthly Payments to Mitchell1

Post by ridersauto »

I am hoping someone can answer a few questions I have regarding payments being made to Mitchell1. I have had the Mitchell1 program for 13 years. I submit my monthly payment to mitchell1 via my bank - online payment / check. From there my bank issues a check to Mitchell1 by the date requested. On this check is my address, account number, amount to pay, and invoice number - just to mention a few. I just received an email from my Bank stating my check for November was refused by Mitchell1. I called the billing department at Mitchell1 where it was explained to me that Mitchell1 is no longer accepting checks from payees. I either have to hand write a check or set up auto payment with a credit card in order for Mitchell1 to accept my monthly payments. Please explain to me what the difference is between me handwriting a check or having my bank issue a check on my behalf? What if I had a check printing program - am I not allowed to print a check from there? To me it's the same process if I hand write the check or have my bank issue a check from my account on our behalf. I have been doing my payment to Mitchell1 like this for years. Please explain why Mitchell1 has implemented this policy, and when this was implemented as we did not receive any kind of notification about this.

Amy
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Monthly Payments to Mitchell1

Post by timbre4 »

Hello,

As this forum is provided for software support topics, the question is beyond the scope of this forum. Having said that, I made an inquiry on your behalf and someone in the appropriate department will be reaching out to you about this shortly. Good news: Our policy does still include accepting checks. :wink: We apologize about any upset or confusion on this.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I am glad to hear this as I have been paying this way as well for many years and this was the first I heard about it.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Pauls Automotive wrote:I am glad to hear this as I have been paying this way as well for many years and this was the first I heard about it.
There was no announcement because there was no policy change. Somehow the one-on-one conversation got sideways with a misunderstanding.
Tim McDonnell -
ridersauto

Post by ridersauto »

timbre4 wrote:
Pauls Automotive wrote:I am glad to hear this as I have been paying this way as well for many years and this was the first I heard about it.
There was no announcement because there was no policy change. Somehow the one-on-one conversation got sideways with a misunderstanding.
Hi Tim,
I greatly appreciate your response. Please note the conversation didn't get sideways at least on my end. I made the gentleman repeat several times what he was telling me so I could make sure I wasn't hearing things. And trust me I was in shock listening to this. It still does not explain why ShopKey / Mitchell1 refused my payment.
ridersauto

Post by ridersauto »

**UPDATE**
I spoke with another person at Mitchell1. Here is what exactly was explained to me. Our bank uses an outside company to issue online bill payments to vendors.
Even though I issue a "check" through my online banking, when the payment is submitted to Mitchell1 by my bank it's actually submitted as a CC payment. The
outside bill pay company would issue an actual CC # to Mitchell1 - Mitchell1 would then process the cc payment. Everything has been fine up until November of
this year. When Mitchell1 would try and process the cc payment from this outside bill pay company it would not go through. Mitchell1 has even requested that this outside
bill pay company send them a check and not a CC number to pay the bill. Unfortunately the outside bill pay company has yet to do so. {*This is where I believe
the gentleman I spoke with earlier today was getting the information of "a handwritten check has to be submitted."}

From what the gentleman at Mitchell1 explained to me this is happening to a lot of people not just me. Unfortunately I just found this information out about 10 minutes ago
(7:00pm EST) so I am unable to call my bank and let them know what is going on. I just wanted to let everyone know what I had found out. I didn't want my first time actually
posting something here (although I visit this forum A LOT for help) to look as though I was a crazy lady. :lol:
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for the update, that explains a lot!

Happy New Year from Mitchell 1 :wink:
Tim McDonnell -
Pauls Automotive

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I have to wonder if the bank gets hit with an insuffient funds fee like the rest of us???? LOL :roll:
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Being "crazy" is actually a welcomed feature here!

Welcome to the forums. Glad you're making progress.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I didn't want my first time actually posting something here (although I visit this forum A LOT for help) to look as though I was a crazy lady. :lol:
Most of us here probably had a complaint as our first post. Stuff happens and it's ok. Welcome to the forum and we hope you post often; some good stuff too. :mrgreen:
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
ridersauto

Post by ridersauto »

:D haha! Thanks everyone!!

Return to “Tips + Ideas”