Tire Commissions

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
bataviamobil

Tire Commissions

Post by bataviamobil »

About to transition to Mitchell1 SE after setting up but wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to pay commission on tire sales? As it looks, tire sales seem to be included with parts sales and therefore techs or service writers would be paid the same rate commission on sales of tires as they would for parts. We currently pay a commission on parts sales to all techs based upon the sales amount and a commission on tires based upon the sales amount. As tire sales are much more competitive and the margin is smaller we currently pay about 1/3 the rate of commission on tire sales as we do for parts. We need a way to separate out parts sales from tire sales and get a total for a 2 week pay period. Does anyone have a suggestion or a method they use that works for this. As we are within days of going live from our old system to Mitchell, I have not had any experience yet with real data or reports to look at to see how this will work. Thanks in advance.
Mark Novack
Manager, Batavia Avenue Mobil Service
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: Tire Commissions

Post by brianp87 »

Sorry I have never paid anyone based on sales. Hopefully someone with experience in that will chime in.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

bataviamobil wrote:About to transition to Mitchell1 SE after setting up but wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to pay commission on tire sales? As it looks, tire sales seem to be included with parts sales and therefore techs or service writers would be paid the same rate commission on sales of tires as they would for parts. We currently pay a commission on parts sales to all techs based upon the sales amount and a commission on tires based upon the sales amount. As tire sales are much more competitive and the margin is smaller we currently pay about 1/3 the rate of commission on tire sales as we do for parts. We need a way to separate out parts sales from tire sales and get a total for a 2 week pay period. Does anyone have a suggestion or a method they use that works for this. As we are within days of going live from our old system to Mitchell, I have not had any experience yet with real data or reports to look at to see how this will work. Thanks in advance.
There is a separate tire matrix but no separate commission for tires. You can change the commission manually on each tire item by checking the Fixed Commission box and entering a value. Unfortunately, this is a manual effort from what I can see.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
smittylube

Post by smittylube »

I know this is an old thread, but what if you created an income account named 'tire sales' and paid off that value? Obviously would need to apply the account to the tire item.
Steve Smith

Return to “Tips + Ideas”