AC dye note wording.

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

AC dye note wording.

Post by Rich »

I am always trying to explain to customer about how AC dye works. Most grasp it, and I can tell by the glassy eyes that is goes over the heads of a few. They get home and tell their spouse "something about dye" and the phone rings a short time later for another explanation. I decided to finally make a "note" that we can quickly add to the RO/Invoice to maybe help slow down any confusion. I have added it down below. Do you think the wording is OK? Clear? Make sense? Spelling? Grammar? Thanks

"AC dye works with the oil in the AC system. The dye travels with the oil and when there is a small leak in the system the oil and dye will seep out of where the leak is leaving a mark (stain) we can see with our equipment. If your AC system begins to blow warm again, and your interested in fixing the AC system, please call to have us look at your car. The dye will wash away after a period of time, so if we don't see the vehicle soon after you notice the issue the dye may be gone."
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: AC dye note wording.

Post by Silky7 »

Hey Rich,

A minor grammatical correction for you:

"AC dye works with the oil in the AC system. The dye travels with the oil and when there is a small leak in the system the oil and dye will seep out of where the leak is leaving a mark (stain) we can see with our equipment. If your AC system begins to blow warm again, and you're interested in fixing the AC system, please call to have us look at your car. The dye will wash away after a period of time, so if we don't see the vehicle soon after you notice the issue the dye may be gone."

And a possible alternate suggestion:

"AC dye works with the oil in the AC system. The dye travels with the oil and when there is a small leak in the system the oil and dye will seep out of where the leak is leaving a mark (stain) we can see with our equipment. If your AC system begins to blow warm again, please contact us as soon as possible, as the dye is subject to wash off or fade in a short time."
M1 Product Manager
Rich

Re: AC dye note wording.

Post by Rich »

Thank you! I updated to your version.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.

Return to “Tips + Ideas”