Past invoices

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
Prestige1
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Past invoices

Post by Prestige1 »

Is there a way to look up when a past invoice was created? When you go into the history, you can see when it was closed out, but I wasn't sure if there was a way to see when it was created.
We came across an issue today where we needed to see how long a customers vehicle was here, and if it was here during a hail storm we got around that time. I figured it would have been so much easier to see when the ticket was made to when it was closed, that would have saved us so much time. It would also keep track of how long a vehicle was here until we either got it done, or got the parts to finish it.
Christina
Office Assistant | Prestige Automotive LLC
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Past invoices

Post by Silky7 »

Hi Christina,

Part of this will depend on your workflow. Once you approve an RO, the Time In value is stamped. Now if in this instance the vehicle was dropped off and it was still an estimate, you might not have that data point as part of the RO.

I'd suggest: 1. If you think the work started and then paused due to the storm, and it was an RO, you can unpost the Invoice, then check the WIP detail for that Time In value. I don't normally advocate unposting, but as long as the record isn't modified, you'll be fine for these rare cases. 2. If you're not sure the work was started, you might just look at the Schedule for the associated appointment that was around that time.
M1 Product Manager
Prestige1
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Re: Past invoices

Post by Prestige1 »

Silky7 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:07 am
Hi Christina,

Part of this will depend on your workflow. Once you approve an RO, the Time In value is stamped. Now if in this instance the vehicle was dropped off and it was still an estimate, you might not have that data point as part of the RO.

I'd suggest: 1. If you think the work started and then paused due to the storm, and it was an RO, you can unpost the Invoice, then check the WIP detail for that Time In value. I don't normally advocate unposting, but as long as the record isn't modified, you'll be fine for these rare cases. 2. If you're not sure the work was started, you might just look at the Schedule for the associated appointment that was around that time.
I'm guessing the only way would be for us to un-post and look. As of right now we are only using the simple options in the system, we're trying to get the techs to use the computers more but that's not going as planned (even though it would make everything so much easier for us up here in the office). They don't make estimates for vehicles, unless its on paper, so all the vehicles coming through my office are all on an RO. I have tried using the schedule, but with a lot of our clients having "project vehicles" (IE engines, transmissions, etc.) that could take a month or more to get the required parts, starting that process got put on hold. I'm hoping to get back to using that soon with our wait times hopefully going to start going down in the near future. There's a lot more side internal side complaints towards out head tech, concerning the schedule that also made it difficult to use. :roll: :roll:

But I will make a note of this in case we have another situation come up like this. Unless something in the future gets changed in the system, I think un-posting the RO would be the easiest way to find this information fast.
Christina
Office Assistant | Prestige Automotive LLC

Return to “Tips + Ideas”