Update 8.4.0.127 Question

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Update 8.4.0.127 Question

Post by MURRI513 »

With the latest update you can customize which terminal does daily data validations. How do I assign this to a certain terminal? Currently, it's on the tech desk & I would like it to be on mine, the Host computer. I've been trying to figure this out on my own with no luck.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Update 8.4.0.127 Question

Post by megoff »

If you go to the computer you'd like to be the one to trigger the Database Validations, Configuration -> Special Maintenance -> Database Backup and Validation. In the lower section you'll see "Only Run on Computer" and a button to that says "Here". Once you click the button it should load the computer name (host). Once that is set, the Computer set (host) should be the only one to trigger the validations.

If you need more assistance please feel free to contact Tech Support at 888-724-6742
M1 Product Manager
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

Thanks. I got it.
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

Thanks worked great, I always wondered why the shop pc did the validation.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

megoff wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:33 am
If you go to the computer you'd like to be the one to trigger the Database Validations, Configuration -> Special Maintenance -> Database Backup and Validation. In the lower section you'll see "Only Run on Computer" and a button to that says "Here". Once you click the button it should load the computer name (host). Once that is set, the Computer set (host) should be the only one to trigger the validations.

If you need more assistance please feel free to contact Tech Support at 888-724-6742
FWIW, it appears that it can ONLY be the host. I tried configuring a client to perform the database validation and the hostname would not configure...received a message about the backup device not found (the client doesn't have a backup device). Seems as though the new Validation configuration is tied to backup...not sure why?
Dan
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Yes it appears that Workstation currently can not be selected as the targeted machine. We'll have this addressed.
M1 Product Manager
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Mine was doing it at the shop pc, and did the validation, unless its because it was the first one shut off.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

The Database Validations are triggered by the first computer that closes for the day. Depending on if the weekly validation has been run yet a Workstation could trigger the weekly validations as well. The idea behind the "Select this computer" is to allow users to select which computer host or workstation triggers the validations. It appears there is a validation on the workstations for the backup location which shouldn't always be needed on a workstation. This issue will be addressed in the next release.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Tips + Ideas”