Internal Texting

A place to post for now; some will turn into TIPS under the other topics
KERNERS
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Internal Texting

Post by KERNERS »

So currently I am not aware of a Mitchell option that allows for internal texting to other users or employees. Bolt on has this option with their DVI's however the notification doesn't pop up and stay up for the technician to see. I would like an option that allows the writers up front to send a text to the technician with information such as "Your parts have arrived" or "Work has been approved" Or allow the tech to request the writer to come out to their workstation for a visual. The goal is to keep the technicians working at their workstations without having to go up front to communicate with the writer. In order for this to work, the notification would have to remain on screen like a Bolt On Appointment request that requires an action prior to closing, so that the employee is forced to acknowledge the information. Their are other internal texting software options but none that keep notifications active until they are acknowledge. Any help is appreciated.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Internal Texting

Post by megoff »

Currently SE does not have an options to send messages between stations/users. The best way to communicate through SE so everyone can see would be on the WIP for the status. For the status you're able to have items like "Parts Arrived", "Work Approved", "BOB COME TO MY STATION" or whatever you'd like. This way all users can see the status of the shop at any given time and the techs wouldn't need to leave their workstations.
M1 Product Manager
KERNERS
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by KERNERS »

Yeah not quite what I need. I need to be able to send messages as in Bolt on
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Yes with Bolt on there is an internal chat portion, our software does not currently have that as an option. The WIP status would be the best way to show the status of orders in our system without Bolt on.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Tips + Ideas”