Keys

Information and links to Repair assets on the forum
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Keys

Post by steven kiser »

Learned another lesson the hard way, seems to be the way for the past two months :lol: . Make sure when a customer gives you a key it isn't the Valet key. Tried unsuccessfully to the point of screaming to get into the antitheft module with my scanner to see how it's reading the key. Trying to resolve an occasional start and die issue. I could see on the dash that the module wasn't reading the key because the light would flash right before the car died. It has an add on remote start with the good key reader in line, not the box with the key in it. After loosing my patience a few times and walking away swearing I happened to see on one of the repair sights I had opened a little blurb about the Valet key being of little or no use in this procedure. I called the customer and low and behold I had the valet key. Another valuable block of time shot to heck. Should be accustomed to that by now since it's the norm of the shop lately. I've been stonewalled with incorrect parts a lot lately and yes as expected the correct parts aren't readily available or are back ordered. Just another day in Paradise.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “MEMBER REPAIR TIPS”