SOMEONE ASKED WHO WE USE FOR ALL OUR MODULE REBUILDS

Information and links to Repair assets on the forum
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

SOMEONE ASKED WHO WE USE FOR ALL OUR MODULE REBUILDS

Post by steven kiser »

http://www.bba-reman.com/us/index.aspx

The also offer updates. All the FICIM's I do I have them install the kit to up the voltages and it makes a noticeable difference.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: SOMEONE ASKED WHO WE USE FOR ALL OUR MODULE REBUILDS

Post by Tim Martin »

Steve, what is the turnaround time for getting a unit repaired?
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

As a rule the simple ones with a toasted circuit three days. We drop off and pick up saving us an additional three or four days in shipping time. I've found the technical support extremely helpful and more importantly thorough. The average amount of time we spend on the phone with them prior to removing the module usually runs about 15 minutes. They ask us about the diagnostic flow we used, resistance, add on equipment and how it was installed covering connectors through what was installed. If they feel we missed something in our diagnostics they will go over it with us. If they feel it could be something else they have gone over that with us. We had an Infinity with a blow PCM that also controlled the anti theft and remote start. There was no doubt because it smelled like it hade been tossed on a BBQ grill. While we were speaking to them one of their questions lead us to a shorted harness caused by a long sheet metal screw that was holding some sort of level alarm. Without their help we would have roasted a replacement module. They will send a UPS pickup ticket so all you need to do is box, slap the ticket on and drop it in a pick up box or call UPS. We just dealt with a BMW that came in with a stalling issue on the highway and within a few days turned into a complete power train failure. First we lost fuel pressure, then Ignition, then anything that the key would power up to the point we couldn't get it out of park. The primary PCM was junk and they had us open it up showing a large amount of water damage. Even though the main harness plug looked fine they suggested I pop out a few connectors out leading us to the wire at the connector being rotted almost through enough to snap. We needed to send them a module grouping plus all the keys. I believe it cost around 800 to get everything repaired and coded. My cost from the dealer was around two grand without any programming. In the past I've had huge issues when the PCM also includes the pass key and anti theft. It took me a long time to find a company I can full trust and like I said their support and technical help is fantastic especially prior to any removal.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

I have used BBA..never a problem.
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"

Return to “MEMBER REPAIR TIPS”