Ford 6.0L Fuel Injector Clip

Information and links to Repair assets on the forum
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Ford 6.0L Fuel Injector Clip

Post by Tim Martin »

Does anybody know where I can get the wiring harness clips that hold the wiring connector to the fuel injector on a 2005 Ford F250 Super Duty with the 6.0L diesel engine? Dealer says new wiring harness is the only way. We lost one and sorely need it. If I have brand and or part number would work.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 6.0L Fuel Injector Clip

Post by steven kiser »

check winzer or a local salvage yard.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin

Re: Ford 6.0L Fuel Injector Clip

Post by Tim Martin »

Yea steve. I was afraid that someone was going to mention a salvage yard.
protraxrptr17
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by protraxrptr17 »

Call your local international dealer. They have better prices on parts for these too. I bet they have a buch of 'em layin around. You may already know this, but you can push in on the back of the clip and it will release without taking it off the plug. Discovered that by accident. :) Haven't lost one since. Eveybody may already know that, but thought I would post it up. I also use an 18mm 12 point socket to release the injector side of the harness from the head. Just put it over the plug and tap it with a hammer.
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

I called a good Ford dealer not too far from here and they had these clips in stock. Knew what I was talking about but the local dealer in town knew nothing about them. Ford part number is: W301-222. IH Part number is 1855383C9. Excellent parts guys in this place. Even gave me the IH part number and said that they were cheaper there.
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Ya know, sometimes its the weeist little things that can drive a tech crazy! Just like this little clip. Oh well.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

this is one of the biggest reasons i have a huge winzer selection. there are clips, plugs, crush washers that may sit for a year without being looked at but when i need one it's there. i have all the electrical connectors that fit into plugs. i have the common plugs and can build my own. some shop owners i know feel doing this is a waste of money but i put a dollar figure on my down time and keep in mind that i'm still paying someone to shag the part. i've had shops that wouldn't spend the money to inventory these things call and ask if i had this or that. i'll sell it to them "once". i'll not become a supplier to them. the car quest store was revamping all their dorman inventory to blister packs and hanging them on the wall. inventory control i was told. i guess it was cheaper to scrap all the cabinets and drawers instead of going trough them and inventorying them. the manager called me and i shot right over there and loaded them up and put them against my back wall. now i have 100 drawers full of dorman stuff from head lamp adjusters to the old axle stud wedges. you know, the ones that would shoot across the shop if you didn't have a card board box on it'[s side in front of the axle when you beat the heck out of it with a 10lb sledge hammer. last year they threw out the edelman display and i grabbed that as well. the plastic drawers were all beat up and broken but i got a couple hundred pounds of brass fittings along with all sorts of vac connectors. even if i don't have a use for the fittings i can sell them to my "scrapper" and take my family out to dinner. dorman has a great selection of kits that you can purchase at reasonable prices and if you haven't seen them i strongly suggest they are looked into.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by liljoe »

Steve brings up a good point, when a parts store stops carrying a line of parts lots of times they will sell it off for pennies on the dollar, we bought two pick-up trucks full of exhaust pipes when advance here stopped keeping them, wound up with about $.50 in each pipe. It is something to keep an eye out for.
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Thats good ideas. I was not aware that a parts place would do that. I was under the impression that any unsold parts went back to the warehouse or manufacturer. Thanks for the idea. I certainly will be checking into such things.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Funny that this was tagged again. I needed something, you know, the something you need but don't know what it is until you see it. You need a particular something for something but nothing is made to do what you need it for so off you go on the rummage hunt. I was rummaging through all my junk drawers and headed over to my wall of stuff. I started pulling the drawers open and one of my techs asked what i was looking for and i told him i didn't know. I tried to explain but he couldn't grasp it, new school vs old school. found what i was looking for, brought it over to the anvil, heated it and when i was done it looked nothing like it was when it started. snapped it into my file cabinet i set up for state inspections and the drawer fell out no more. Felt like i had just defended the top of the hill to remain king for a while longer.

Return to “MEMBER REPAIR TIPS”