Vehicle Repair Postings Need More Info!

Information and links to Repair assets on the forum
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Vehicle Repair Postings Need More Info!

Post by steven kiser »

i seem to be seeing more calls for help with not enough information for forum members to be able to take a poke at it. it's like my green muzi ford that won't start. codes, fuel trim, prior work, symptoms, would be nice. i've read through a few posts and seen that the answer could have been summarize much earlier if more information was offered. i've seen posts that after a few answer and question posts have led me to feel that the originator of the post doesn't have a decent scan tool and is just fishing for possible bolt on resolutions.

in today's repair industry the need for good scan and diagnostic tools are as necessary as a ratchet and wrenches, probably even more so. when i see a post that reads something along the lines of "check engine light on and customer states vehicle will stall on the highway", have replaced the fuel pump, filter, plugs and all 4 O2 sensors. am running out of ideas and customer is getting angry. i need to fix this a.s.a.p.. a response along the lines of replace all 4 tires is just as much in line as replace mass air flow sensor, based on the supplied information. i've found that this is the most friendly forum out there. greatly due to the diligence and time devoted by the "gurus" and a lot of members that really want to help. some, including myself will open other programs and search our archives for answers. i really like being part of a solution. this brings me to my point.

without necessary information i get frustrated because i can't help and as we all know i'm the early morning peeper and tina in the late at night one. so please, when posting give us something to work with. i don't want to feel like i'm pulling teeth to help................this isn't directed to anyone. i've done it myself. i just think a bit more time in description helps all involved.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: Vehicle Repair Postings Need More Info!

Post by liljoe »

Ditto, ditto, and ditto :!:
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

Steve you bring up some very interesting and pertinent issues related to this forum and getting help for a given automotive problem. Thanks for the reminder. I would add that if I ask for help and you feel that I have not supplied the info necessary for you to render assistance, please fire me a pm and tell me to get my act together. Ok? I quite agree with your issue of not enough info at times. I face it locally when a shop calls me and wants help but doesn't realize that the info he is not giving me is what I need to be able to help him. So, lets all perk up and help each other!
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

I think steve needs a phone call :twisted:
green ford- did that, sucess
wipers for a vw- did that. success twice
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

steve's a bit overwhelmed right now.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “MEMBER REPAIR TIPS”