2006 Dodge RAM - Leveling Kit

Information and links to Repair assets on the forum
abauto

2006 Dodge RAM - Leveling Kit

Post by abauto »

I have a 06 Dodge ram, when i bought the truck there was a leveling kit already installed in it. Dont see alot of trucks with these in my neck of the woods. Know there hard on ball joints, and its a pain to do front end work due to everything is maxed out. Just replaced a upper ball joint on it, and it was a nightmare. Anyone know of any special tools for this or parts?
Thanks!
Every day is a gift, not a given right
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 2006 Dodge RAM - Leveling Kit

Post by fortknoxx »

if it is a r1500 there it will have either a metal topper, or a poly in spring spacer. there is nothing to max out on this. 02-05 4x4 had torsion bar front ends. people had a habbit of cranking on the bars too high not being able to get the alignment back to specs.

if it is a r2500/r3500 they are the same animal for leveling since 1994. either a topper or a 2 " spring.

lets face it. the truck is 6 years old. How many miles? are the oe bj's greasable? If not, put some moogs in grease them every once in a while.

We have done the 99-04 superduty bj's as early as 40k. non greasable spicers. the axle u joint spins too close to where the grease fitting would be.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell

Return to “MEMBER REPAIR TIPS”