Ford diesel Injectors

Information and links to Repair assets on the forum
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Ford diesel Injectors

Post by steven kiser »

Just used my second set of remanufactured injectors from Jasper. Quality is great, surfaces are machined without any imperfection. Side by side to a Ford reman they stand out like a bright light. We've installed a lot of these and have returned few to Ford because they look like they were dropped from a plane or the o ring cuts were imperfect as well as the connectors looking like they wouldn't secure the plug. Using the Jasper remans puts an extra grand in my pocket.

We just did a 99 550 stupid duty 7.3 and found the bottom 0 rings distorted (thought they were damaged being pulled out) on four and one missing completely. We inspected the port and no 0 ring. We looked at the remainder and the were dry and we could easily pulverize them. I spoke with a Ford tech and he's seen it from time to time but never put any thought into it. This truck ran like a bag of poop when the outside temp dropped below 40, had to fire it off of either, and after it ran for a while smoothed out. The colder it got the longer it took to smooth out. This is the first time we've run across one that's acted this way and i crossed my fingers when the injectors were installed. It was diagnosed by a process of elimination. Everything tested good and the pressure sensor was clean. When we fired it up after the injectors were replaced the smoke was so bad it filled up both shop areas and an adjacent tenants space with thick white smoke. It left a puddle of goop on the floor from tail pipe drippings. The owner has been using it like this for in his own words "ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF" :shock: things like this just amaze me.....
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: Ford diesel Injectors

Post by Tim Martin »

We also have used the injectors from Jasper and would agree - the quality and price is excellent. Will continue to use them.

Is good to hear that other shops recognize quality parts when they see them.

Return to “MEMBER REPAIR TIPS”