Warranty Issues

Information and links to Repair assets on the forum
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Warranty Issues

Post by steven kiser »

Just wondering if anyone has had an issue like this one. We installed a transmission in a vehicle three years ago and it came in with a blown transmission the other day. Called Jasper and I was told it was within warranty by 1 day. No problem and i was thrilled it made it. I looked back on the order and notes i left on it. Apparently i ordered the transmission and it was shipped from another warehouse. I was asked if i was in a rush and said i wasn't since the truck would be tied up with other issues. Actually it was here for 6 weeks due to part availability. By the date on the receipt the warranty still had 6 weeks on it. The warranty is based on the purchase date not the date the customer picks up the vehicle. I started wondering what would happen if the transmission failed within that 6 week time frame. What would happen if it failed within the time it was transported from a ware house in Ca. Took a week to get it because they could ship it within the company as opposed to throwing it on a coast to coast transport. This is one area i need to deal with. It could happen with dealer parts as well. I guess since i posted this i better follow through because now it's going to happen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: warranty issues

Post by Tim Martin »

Yes Steve, I been there, done that already. I learned the hard way that by definition, warranty on a part begins when the part is purchased from the parts place and not when you get the part or when the customer gets his vehicle. Been down that road.
marcdaniels
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by marcdaniels »

If it fell into that 6 week window at my shop we would be on the phone to our Jasper rep after finding out Jasper wouldn't stand behind it. That's of course going on the premination that Jasper would tell you go pound salt. If you are a frequent purchaser of Jasper products I would my rep like it is. If they wouldn't do anything for you I would tell them goodbye and purchase a transmission from another source. Install and unfortunally cover all cost to make and keep my client happy. It's not their fault and we totally stand behind everything at all cost!
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

Yes I have had that happen before also. Kind of the same deal, I ordered a part, it was on back order, took and extra week or so to get, part failed, called and they said I missed the warranty date, I had said remember it was on back order, they said that's not our issue. Well to make a long story short, I did the same, ordered the part from someone else and have not done business with that company again! I had a 4 wheeler I bought, with warranty, had some intermittent issues with it within warranty, took it back a few times, it would never act up! Finally a couple months later, I took it back and told them to keep it until it acted up, because I couldn't rely on a machine that stalled at times. Well they got it to act up, but it was out of warranty now. Then the owner told me that since it did happen during warranty, he would stand behind it fully!!! I will still only buy that brand of machine and from him, just because he stood up to his end! Very professional! He is a bit higher priced than some others, but have had great service from him! Customer service says a lot. In fact I was just there last weekend and bought 2 4 wheelers again from him! Thank you I said gladly and told him it meant a lot for him to stand behind it!
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com

Return to “MEMBER REPAIR TIPS”