2003 Chev Trailblazer - Steering Issues

Information and links to Repair assets on the forum
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

2003 Chev Trailblazer - Steering Issues

Post by steven kiser »

Just a tip here. I had a 2003 Trailblazer in the shop with a power steering fail because the customer added antifreeze into the reservoir thinking it was p/s fluid. Put a pump in it and flushed p/s system thoroughly. I used 12 quarts pumping through with the return hose pumping into a drain pail so I could see when the fluid started to look good and ran 6 more quarts through just to be safe. When vehicle cooled down the power steering wouldn't work. Looked into it further and decided that there may be antifreeze in places that were resistant to flushing. Replaced rack and had the same issues. Looked deeper and found that the extended Trail Blazer used a different pump than the regular wheel base so I replaced pump again with the same results. So being Friday afternoon (a week ago) I shelved it and went home. It sat until this past Friday and the tech on the job and myself were throwing ideas back and fort and ended up looking at Tec Service Tips and we ran across one that described an updated rack to resolve an issue close to what we were experiencing. I've fallen victim to rebuilt parts that didn't cover updates that resolved issues we were having. I called the dealer and the parts manager didn't know if the reman racks were built to resolve this issue so I ordered a new one with the update in it.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 2003 Chev Trailblazer - Steering Issues

Post by fortknoxx »

and?????? did it solve your problem?
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
steven kiser

Re: 2003 Chev Trailblazer - Steering Issues

Post by steven kiser »

Hey Tina, how's it going and thanks for picking up that I didn't respond. The new rack did solve the issue.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “MEMBER REPAIR TIPS”