2007 GMC G3500 - Jasper Engine

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 2007 GMC G3500 - Jasper Engine

Post by brianp87 »

Hopefully that's it. I wanted to know so hopefully I do not forget if I do one. I figured it being such a known issue Jasper would provide the needed valve cover or tell you about it.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

It was not mentioned in any of the paperwork provided us by Jasper, nor did either of the previous engines have that condition. And I've never come across this before, but it seems to be fairly prevalent.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Personally I think the salesman or saleswoman should say something or they should just include it and price accordingly and note why. Like if a trans cooler is a must include it note it and say why. Simple end of story. If they tell us we can add it or upsale it. Id have a heated issue with rep over this possibly.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

I believe there is a warning tag on the engine. Anytime I've purchased anything from Jasper that needs a specialty update like the valve cover I'm notified numerous ways.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

steven kiser wrote:I believe there is a warning tag on the engine. Anytime I've purchased anything from Jasper that needs a specialty update like the valve cover I'm notified numerous ways.
I must agree with ya Steve. In fact, when I receive a Jasper product, I am looking for any warnings or notices or whatever, that there is an update, say like, in this case valve covers, or flywheel, or oil pan, or intake manifold or whatever. I usually can count on Jasper to have some way of helping me get the message.

On the tech support available from Jasper: here at our shop, we call Jasper before we begin any diagnosis on the Jasper product. They immediately give me a case number an we together begin the diagnosis. I tell them the problem, they tell me what to do, I do it and report back to them. My theory is that if they have to pay the warranty costs, they should have some say in what gets done. I agree, at times some of the diagnosis seems redundant or useless, I do it anyway because in the event of the Jasper product having an issue an they need to pay, I want to make sure it was not something I did that caused the failure. I personally have had very good results using their tech support when I need it and consider them one of the tools I can count on to help me in my business.

Having said what I did, these 6.0L engines did have some issues. Valve covers, oil pumps, and rings to name a few.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

What happened with this one?
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Still waiting for the customer to return. It's a cube van and he delivers snacks for a local distributor, so it's always on the road. We'll be getting a valve cover and scheduling this one for dissassembly. I'll post the results. :D
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Sounds good.
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

I just got a Jaasper 5.3 and it does state right in the paperwork and online about the valve cover issues.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com

Return to “GM Trucks”