2008 Chev Silverado - Cruise Control

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
92zman
200 Club: Major Contributor

2008 Chev Silverado - Cruise Control

Post by 92zman »

This truck came in and said then the cruise control will not set when it is cold in the truck. When u get it warmed up will work great. Replaced the BCM cause when we was driving it the speedo stoped and did not wont to start. Thought then that would of fixed the cruise but it did not. He says then as soon as he has drove it for a while and it is warm it will work the rest of the day.....
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2008 Chev Silverado - Cruise Control

Post by steven kiser »

There is a TSB about it turning off because of a spike in the electrical system. The PCM needs a reburn. The point about the speedo failing and vehicle restarting issue I read in a Motor Magazine that there were dash fail issues but I can't say for sure if it effected this year. It may be older models only. Again, the first thing I go to is any added devices like a remote start etc. Since the cruise is surge sensitive it could be something along those lines. I know G.M. alternators have issues spiking and wonder if that may be it. Keep us posted, I'm going to my local GM dealer today to pick up two fobs for my wife's Suburban. I'll ask a few techs and get back to you.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
92zman

Post by 92zman »

That would be cool thanks. I read that TSB to but it dont shut off it just wont engage when the truck is cold. One more thing we did put a brake switch in it. Had a friend that works at a dealer tell me then they do that all the time. But when it comes here the truck is warm and the last time i just got it and got it inside then went to drive it and it worked great.

thanks
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Only thing that came out of the dealer talk was if it's in tow or power loss mode cruise will not work. If the transmission is starting to slip even the slightest the cruise will not or shouldn't work. wouldn't want it to max rpm's and trash engine. I would look closely at all transmission signals when cold and compare to when warm. Wouldn't surprise me to find out either the input or output sensor is off a bit but won't throw a code. In rare occasions my snappy scanner will not pick up anything but tech 2 will. Good luck
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Trucks”