2007 Chev Silverado - Random Electrical?

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
Holly
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2007 Chev Silverado - Random Electrical?

Post by Holly »

Vehicle came in with a hood open light randomly also has a service stabilitrak and service traction control at same time. This was approximately 6 months ago we replaced bcm and hood latch assembly and all was good. Customer has returned now with similar problem KOEO Stabilitrcak light and service traction control light on. When vehicle is running all is normal until use turn signals, or turn headlights on, or hit brakes then the hood open light comes on instrument panel display. Shut them off goes back to normal. I have replaced BCM again after cleaning all grounds and also observing the PID data it does change as soon as hood open light comes on saying hood open signal but also has a hood ajar fault at that time and goes back to correct readings when everything is off. I have also checked tail light junction block on rear of vehicle and for chaffed wires by bcm and by fuse block and junction block on end of dash and the junction block by brake pedal.......frustrating :? thanks frustrated technician!
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2007 chevy silverado newbody

Post by ricmorin »

Sounds like a bad ground somewhere. G401 is common to brakes, directional and marker lamps.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Re: 2007 chevy silverado newbody

Post by steven kiser »

I have to agree with Ric. A bad ground will cause feedback through other systems. Sounds like a body ground issue. I've run into situations where body welds have broken causing all sorts of weird issues.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Trucks”