2009 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4 Airbag Light?

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
92zman
200 Club: Major Contributor

2009 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4 Airbag Light?

Post by 92zman »

Ok so we have a chevy truck came in and it had almost all the lights on in the dash.

Did some checking and found then the IPC ABS Transfer case module had to be re flashed. Got that done and while i was in there i looked to see if there was any updates for the air bag. Everything elas works great but the air bag light is still on. It has a B1019-3a. Did some checking and what i came up with is then the it can not find the PPS. Look and it is not there nothing under the right front seat. Called gm and they said yes it does have it. So got everything today to find no wiring. Pulled driver seat out and checked the sdm and found then to be no wiring there for the passage r side seat at all and never has been there. And the overhead lights does have the on and off light for passage air bag. Title is clean, no nothing on it one owner. Vin is the same thought the truck.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2009 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 Air bag light

Post by steven kiser »

I did a bit of bopping along through my diagnostic programs and came up with a bunch of hits about passenger side seat belts. There are ones about debris in the latch, disconnected plugs at the ratcheting spool, bent pins in the spool or at the seat belt module. The high percent were resolved with the seat belt replacement. Both sides of the restraint belt should be replaced and since this needs to be programmed used ones can be difficult to get accepted by the module. So in a nut shell all the wiring for the restraint system comes in through the seat belt system. Good Luck.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
92zman

Re: 2009 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 Air bag light

Post by 92zman »

Ok so not all of them had the seat sensor. That will help. Will have to look at them and see what i see. This thing was at a dealer and they could not fix it. But with a car-fax report we found then it had been at a dealer about 20000 miles ago with air bag light on. Called them and they said it was just in need of a battery. But it does not show anything elas on the report. It dont look like it has been any body work done anywhere. So something just went bad and know i have to find it...

Return to “GM Trucks”