2005 GMC Envoy - No Power

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
92zman
200 Club: Major Contributor

2005 GMC Envoy - No Power

Post by 92zman »

We have a 2005 GMC Envoy (1GKDT13S152364147). It got towed in for a no start. Went out and started to look at it and found then the start could be kicked in by just crossing the relay. So started to look at why I was not get trigger to the relay. Put a scanner on it and I can not talk to anything. The scanner can do a auto scan and when I do I get nothing. Have checked all fuse and relays and have checked for power and ground at the BCM and the PCM all was good there. We have no radio cluster windows I mean nothing. Never had one that I could not get the scanner to talk to something unless it had just a bad fuse. Have rechecked powers and grounds and fuses.
92zman

Re: 2005 GMC Envoy - No Power

Post by 92zman »

Fixed

Found the rear lift gate computer to be putting 12 volts in the class 2 data lines...
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2005 GMC Envoy - No Power

Post by steven kiser »

How did you find it? Congrats by the way. I run into trailer wiring issues enough that I stock for them especially G.M.'s. The first few I ran into I followed a diagnostic flow. The third I just flipped open the plug cover and took a peek and seeing the Green Death was all I needed to make it a quick fix. In situations like this where it's now a known quick fix do you just charge for the plug and the labor to replace it or do you charge for the diagnostic time it would take? I guess what I'm saying is that I charge for my knowledge. My son and lead tech really don't see it this way because it's a simple look and replace. I look at it as at least an hour for my knowledge. I have seen invoices from a local G.M. dealer with exactly what we are talking about and I called them knowing that I would get a straight answer from the parts manager. He said they charge just like it's a first time diagnosis. What's your thought on this. I go strictly by the flat rate labor in the estimator or if the vehicle is 10 years old, construction, abused, modified or anything out of normal use I'll use Real Time or in extreme situations I'll use on time times 2.5. It's obvious I've taken this post to Cuba but it's an issue I've been bouncing around in my head for a while. Adding to it is the frustration of the internet showing a step by step repair on just about anything. Some are way off and unsafe but I have to admit some are dead on and I've picked up tips from some. People are starting to grasp that having the correct diagnostic equipment, the tools to repair the vehicle correctly, not using bailing wire, hose clamps, duct tape, or other house hold items is worth something and are backing off the "it looks so easy when Bubba does it on line". I don't know anymore, nothing is etched in stone like it once was and shops aren't keeping things somewhat even like we once did and there are ones that will go out of their way to verbally better themselves by putting others down. Like I said, I don't know anymore and from time to time (like right now) get extremely frustrated and anxious. Well I've taken so much time and this post to vent and I guess ask for either some support, ideas, or just plain "deal with it or suck it up" Steve. Thanks and again congrats for the quick fix..................................I'm going back to work and try to get the Duramax I've been working on for months running. My wife is coming in to cheer me on so I'm locking up all my toys to keep out of trouble. :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Trucks”