2007 GMC Yukon Denali - TPS Codes

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
92zman
200 Club: Major Contributor

2007 GMC Yukon Denali - TPS Codes

Post by 92zman »

Truck came in with tps codes checked out and found the T/B needed to be replaced. Replaced but now i can not get this thing to learn idle. Will idle OK until u touch the throttle. Then it goes up to about 2000 rpm and stays there. Have done 3 min idle 1 min off 3 min idle and have went out and drove it. The desired tps is 22% and the actual is the same. Tried to put the old T/B on but same thing. VIN 1GKFK66817J257665
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2007 GMC Yukon Denali

Post by steven kiser »

Could possibly be a re-burn issue. I've seen this before and wouldn't hesitate to do it with this. Oh ya, once it was changed out program may have gotten scrambled.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
92zman

Post by 92zman »

What do u mean re-burn.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

When I look at the procedure it says to do an idle relearn through the scan tool
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Re: 2007 GMC Yukon Denali - TPS Codes

Post by sbebenelli »

What are you using for a scan tool? Snap On by chance?

Few months ago I could not get the Snap On VERUS to do a relearn on a GM about the same era. Tried the AUTEL worked like a champ. That would've been 17.2 software on the VERUS.
92zman

Post by 92zman »

Fixed... I had done the relearn though my snap on and our tech to win tech 2. It did not fix it . Had to re flash the PCM. Thanks all for the help...
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

The computers in that era G.M. vehicles are real touchy to say the least. As a rule anytime we are experiencing issues like this or ones that just don't make sense we check the modules and the need for a re-learn. There is about a 25% chance it needs one and the issue is resolved. At least now when a re-learn is done it doesn't involve any hard parts. Years ago when a PCM failed on a GM and it needed a re-learn some sensors would need to be replaced or add on parts were needed to keep pace with the update. Usually we ordered the memory chip by vin and number on it. If the new chip had updates in it the vehicle needed to be up dated. Try explaining to a customer that sensors and relays needed replacing just because the new chip called for it. It was a bit out of sorts back then. Well I'm lad you worked through it.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Trucks”