2008 Chevy Express 3500 - ABS / Stab Dash Lights On

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
RocketBunny22

2008 Chevy Express 3500 - ABS / Stab Dash Lights On

Post by RocketBunny22 »

ABS and stabilitrak lights on in dash and only one code which is C0050 [RR Speed sensor signal erratic]. Replaced EBCM and RR speed sensor, also checked wiring to and from sensor to EBCM without success. anybody else run into this?
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: 2008 Chevy Express 3500

Post by Tim Martin »

I have run into it already. What I found on the one I had was a bad wiring harness. At the time I had mine in the garage, there was a wiring harness available from the dealer which I got. I replaced the sensor and the harness and that took care of the problem.
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Re: 2008 Chevy Express 3500

Post by sbebenelli »

I have seen several bad harnesses
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2008 Chevy Express 3500 - ABS / Stab Dash Lights On

Post by steven kiser »

Harness. I've tried over and over again to repair them with little or no luck. Replace it and be done with it.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
RocketBunny22

Post by RocketBunny22 »

found a wire corroded off inside the coating :?
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

If I were a betting man I would put money on a probe prick hole near the corrosion. The prick refers to both the harness and the idiot who put it there. I was taught a long time ago to lightly run my fingers along the harness feeling for any deviations. Usually it was an issue involving back probing the harness. I know sometimes it's necessary but a correct seal procedure should be followed. On any vehicle we pierce a harness after we clean and seal it we tag it notifying anyone looking for a harness issue. We have received thankyou calls from other shops far tagging the back probe areas.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Trucks”