Duramax Fuel Pump - Where?

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: Duramax Fuel Pump - Where?

Post by Tim Martin »

First, I need to correct my last post when I said that Dodge used this same CP3 injection pump. The CP3 injection pump began to be used in about 2003 on the Dodge trucks with the 5.9L diesel when they went to a common rail fuel system, not in mid 1998 as I said. Sorry about that. I musta had a brain cramp.

So far as a return line back to the fuel tank, the original lines are all kept in place. We only install this transfer pump on the inlet side of the fuel system.

Regarding emissions standards, I am not aware of any violation or tampering with any of the regulations. If by installing an electric inline fuel transfer pump we are violating any federal or state (PA) emissions standards, I would appreciate knowing about it. It is not my intention to violate such laws (even though they may seem somewhat absurd), I simply want to repair my customers vehicles at a price they can afford and that is in the best interests of the vehicle.

Again, guys, I appreciate your input, even if I do err.
protraxrptr17
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by protraxrptr17 »

I know this post is kinda old, but just for future reference, it will not harm anything by putting an electric transfer pump on this truck. Just make sure it flows enough. I use a Carter p4600hp on mine. You probably did have a leak. Most of the time it is the plastic bleeder screw on top of the filter housing. I work on alot of diesels and I own one of these trucks so I can help if anybody needs me.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

thanks, i'll keep this in mind. i always appreciate help when i need it. unfortunatly by the time i ask for it i'm neck deep in water and the gators are circling. :shock:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Trucks”