2001 Chev Blazer 4.3L VIN W - Won't Fuel Into Tank?

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
abmauto

2001 Chev Blazer 4.3L VIN W - Won't Fuel Into Tank?

Post by abmauto »

When filling with gas, the nozzle keeps stopping every 20 cents. Anyone have any ideas on what i should be looking for?

Thanks, Mike 631-878-0713 http://www.centermorichesgulf.com
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 2001 Chev Blazer 4.3L VIN W - Won't Fuel Into tank?

Post by brianp87 »

Plugged vent or ristricion in fuel filler hose
abmauto

Post by abmauto »

abmauto wrote:When filling with gas, the nozzle keeps stopping every 20 cents. Anyone have any ideas on what i should be looking for?

Thanks, Mike 631-878-0713 http://www.centermorichesgulf.com
To All I Found The Problem I took out the fill tube asb thinking that May a Hose colapsed When i pull the hose off there was broken piece of a gas nozzle in the steel tube. I think that was the problem i will find out when i put it back together. Thanks all Mike
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

do we have a "drive away with the nozzle in the filler" here? if it were in my shop i sure would pop that question. i would also look for distortion on the filler neck. look on the roof for whip lash damage from the break away sleeve. :lol: :lol: i've seen rear glass blown out from the recoil of the broken hose when someone drove off still hooked up.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 2001 Chev Blazer 4.3L VIN W - Won't Fuel Into Tank?

Post by fortknoxx »

when I make my treks to VA, I usually fill up just before the Bay Tunnel, there are signs all over the fuel pumps, saying you lose you license for 1 yr if you pump and run! Wonder what they was doing?
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
steven kiser

Re: 2001 Chev Blazer 4.3L VIN W - Won't Fuel Into Tank?

Post by steven kiser »

roasting and toasting in the tunnel. read an article once stating that the tunnel was poorly designed and rescue vehicles wouldn't be able to get into the tunnel. if this is the same bridge i think that a few years ago they tried to shut down the gas station or stations close to it. it seemed there were more incidents of drive away with the hose in's there than anywhere else. some think it's because people were in such a damn hurry to find a gap in the traffic the would just boot it when they saw one. on the same lines i seem to recall that in certain tunnels under certain conditions that there is a high static charge in the air. static charge, gas hose flopping around behind a car as it speeds along the road = kaboom.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Trucks”