2004 Chev Colorado - ABS Codes

Specific repair issues for GM RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
speedyauto

2004 Chev Colorado - ABS Codes

Post by speedyauto »

I HAVE A COLORADO 2004 THAT HAS 5 ABS CODES C0035,C0040,C201,C0221 AND C0899 I THINK IT IS THE EBCM.

IF ANY ONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM, ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2004 COLORADO ABS CODES

Post by steven kiser »

have you cleared the codes and road tested the vehicle. i would clear them and drive over 25 mph for 20 minutes and recheck. it's definitely a power issue. is this a situation where someone has been already plugging, probing, wishing, swearing, etc hoping that the lights would go away. you need to start from scratch. i've seen situations where idiots have powered up a sensor lead and trashed the module. is this another purchase from the auction king?
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

I just had an '05 with codes C0035, and U1064, the l/f sensor was bad and I could see where the tone ring was falling out of the bearing. Never did get the U1064 to come back. You can purchase them separately, I recommended that the customer to do both, but he opted for just the sensor. It was working when it left, pray it stays that way. Just letting people know if they run into it, recommend both bearing and sensor, as it reads against the backside of the bearing, and you have to pull the bearing out to repace the sensor as it mounts to the bearing.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by liljoe »

nickscarcare wrote:I just had an '05 with codes C0035, and U1064, the l/f sensor was bad and I could see where the tone ring was falling out of the bearing. Never did get the U1064 to come back. You can purchase them separately, I recommended that the customer to do both, but he opted for just the sensor. It was working when it left, pray it stays that way. Just letting people know if they run into it, recommend both bearing and sensor, as it reads against the backside of the bearing, and you have to pull the bearing out to repace the sensor as it mounts to the bearing.
Also need to make sure the bearing is facing the correct dirrection, it is only magnetic on one side...... (No I did not do that :oops: )
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.

Return to “GM Trucks”