2006 Ford F350 - 5.4L V8 Lack Of Power FIXED

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
MCONROY90

2006 Ford F350 - 5.4L V8 Lack Of Power FIXED

Post by MCONROY90 »

CUSTOMER CAME IN AND SAID THAT IT FELT LIKE IT WAS LACKING POWER WHEN YOU PUSH ON THE ACCELERATOR.

I DROVE THE TRUCK AND ITS STUMBLING WHEN YOU DRIVE THE TRUCK AT HIGHER RPMS. REPLACED THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR, FUEL FILTER, AND DID OTC INJECTION CLEANING. THE TRUCK IS STILL LACKING POWER WITH NO DTCS.

ANYONE HAVE ANY SIMILAR PROBLEMS OR KNOW A SOLUTION? THANK YOU.
Last edited by MCONROY90 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
rytek
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: 2006 FORD F350 5.4L V8 LACK OF POWER

Post by rytek »

First off, please do everyone a favor and turn off your CAPS LOCK. Its easier on the eyes when lower case letters are used. It also constitutes shouting in the online world.

Next, let's get some more info out to everyone here:

What led you to replacing the MAF sensor? Were there codes or data that pointed to it being out of spec?

What are your current fuel trim readings at idle and on the highway?

What are the oxygen sensors reading during the event?

Is the whole engine affected or is it a single/multiple cylinder misfire?

Was there any improvement since the parts replacement?

Any recent repair history?
Chris
MCONROY90

Post by MCONROY90 »

Well actually there was no codes at all for me to believe it was the maf sensor. I checked the fuel filter, fuel pressure (28psi), and air filter. Both filters have just been replaced recently. Back in October we replaced a spark plug and coil due to a cyl 6 misfire code which was when we did the otc injector cleaner and fuel filter too. Changing the maf sensor was just recommended by a shop next to us so took a shot with it. we havent ran the truck with the scanner on it to get O2 readings and fuel trim. It only stumbles/hesitates when you go 50% or more on the throttle. there was no improvement at all from replacing the maf sensor.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

Possible plugged cats or a restricted exhaust. I'll stand next to a vehicle and have a helper rev it up a bit to see how the exhaust sounds. If it starts sounding like a jet or you hear a strong hissing noise it's probably the cats.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Ford Trucks”