2015 Ford F250 Fuel Filter Replacement Cost?

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
spencersauto
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2015 Ford F250 Fuel Filter Replacement Cost?

Post by spencersauto »

Wanted to find out what other shops are charging to replace both fuel filter on a 2015 Ford F250 6.7 diesel? I've got a customer upset that he thinks we overcharged. I am finding costs ranging from $190-350. We charged $164.88 for both filters and $94.89 for labor.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 2015 Ford F250 Fuel Filter replacement cost

Post by brianp87 »

I would of charged about $250 total.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Napa filter, 1.5 labor, i come up with $247.00ish
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

1.1 hours. Sometimes I explain it's not just a quick screw off / on. It consists of cleaning housings and keeping area as free of fuel spill as possible. Bleeding comes into play as well. Again I think it's a case of Bubba and Ebb in the barn with a case of Billy Beer, a Coon Dog and some empty Mason jars filming how simple it is the replace and bleed the filter. The empty extinguisher and yellowish powder all over the place goes unnoticed because the truck is so clean and shiny it gleams. Most probable reason for the truck being so pristine is it needed to be thoroughly washed because the filter leaked or bleeder was left open and after a jug of shine it was decided a burn off would be quicker than cleaning it. A bit of gas (gallon) was added to quicken the ignition. The boys stole their mothers / sisters false eye lashes and wigs to lessen the embarrassment. After looking at themselves they felt it was a good idea to name themselves the Black Widows after the Biker Gang in a Clint Eastwood movie.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Ford Trucks”